If you have tried our cooking sauces as a traditional Khoresh (stew) recipe, you'll understand that the flavours may also be used in other dishes too. Here I tried combining a simple pasta bake dish with our Ghoremh Sabzi - Sautéed Herbs & Persian Lime and it worked perfectly. The tomatoes gave the dish a little sweetness that complimented the Ghormeh Sabzi herbs, add to that the creamy melted feta and TVP, and it was delicious. I served it with a garden salad, garlic bread, a wedge of lemon, and a glass wine.
2 Cup of Shell Pasta
1 Can of Tomato Puree
1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes
Half a Jar Of Ghormeh Sabzi - - Sautéed Herbs & Persian Lime
1 Cup Textured Vegetable Protein TVP
1/3 Cup of Feta
Salt & Pepper
Roughly Chopped Parsley
4 Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven 180C
- Use a dip baking dish and pour the tomato puree in it.
- Mix the feta, Ghormeh Sabzi and plant-based protein.
- Spoon the herbs and feta mixture into the pasta shells.
- Place the stuffed pasta in the tomato puree sauce.
- Add cherry tomatoes around the gaps between pasta.
- Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the oven.
- Top with the fresh chopped parsley, salt & pepper to taste, and a wedge of lemon on the side.
- Serve next to a garden salad & garlic bread.