Crispy Potato And Split Peas Balls With Fesenjoon
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these little balls have a mild and delicate flavour and can be paired with lots of different dipping options. One of the tastiest options would be to dip them into our delicious sweet & sour Fesenjoon -Silky Walnut & Pomegranate sauce. This recipe is ideal for finger food or entrée. If you are meal prepping, simply pop them into a container or freezer bag, and reheat from frozen in the oven or microwave.
To create this recipe you will need to boil the potatoes and cook the yellow split peas in advance.
Veggie Ball Ingredients:
- 1 Grated Cooked Potato
- 1 Grated Onion
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Split peas
- 4Tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Turmeric
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Spray Olive Oil
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all the veggie ball ingredients really well until they stick together.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place them on a baking tray.
- Spray lightly with olive oil. Bake them for 20-25 minutes until they are golden.
- Half a Jar Exotic Bazaar Fesenjoon
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
- Pour half jar of Fesenjoon Cooking Sauce into a sauce pan and gentle warm
- Once the Fesenjoon is warm transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top of your dip and serve with the freshly baked veggie balls.