The Best Kebab Tabei (Vegan Version)
Pan Kebab is one of the Persian classic recipes that you can't find at any restaurant because it is a true home-style cooking Persian style! My mum made this dish for our dinner or school lunch at least once a week and we could never get enough of it.
Classically this recipe is made with beef or chicken mince. Here I used a plant-based mince and it works perfectly.
This recipe serves 4 people. Made in a medium non-stick pan.
What You Will Need:
- 400g mince (I used Naturli Plant-Based mince)
- 1 medium brown onion grated
- 4 tsp Kebab Spice Blend
- Few cherry tomatoes or 1 tomato sliced
- 5 baby capsicum or half a capsicum sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan force). (See step 9 for an alternate method)
- Mix the grated onion with the mince and season with 4 tsp of Kebab Spice Mix.
- For best results wear a food-grade glove and mix well with one hand until combined.
- Grease an oven-safe pan with oil and transfer the mixture into the pan.
- Press down the mixture by hand creating a flat layer that covers the bottom of the dish.
- Divide into portions using a wooden spatula (see the middle image below).
- Place the slices of tomatoes and capsicums in-between the kebab portions.
- Bake in the oven for around half an hour or until the top has browned.
- Or Cook on the stovetop, turn the kebabs after 15 minutes to cook thoroughly on both sides.
You can find the recipe for Persian rice here.
Watch & Cook Along With Gila:
Happy Feasting :)