Here's How To Make Halva Irani
- Mix water, sugar and cardamom in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to boil
- Add rose water Bring it back to boil.
- Grind saffron into powder and add to the syrup.
- Turn off the heat and set it aside to cool down.
MAKE FLOUR MIX:
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the flour to the pan and keep stirring for about 15 minutes or until the flour is slightly toasted and the colour has changed to light brown.
- Add oil and keep stirring until the colour turns dark brown. Some may add one or two tsp of cacao powder to achieve a darker colour.
- Slowly add the syrup little by little and stir as you add. Be careful here, because the Halva mix is very hot and when you add the liquid it can splash out on your clothes. Keep mixing until you reach a thick paste consistency.
- Remove from the heat and continue stirring or shaking the pot holding the handles from side to side until you see your Halva is coming together like a dough and starts releasing oil.
- Serve on a plate or a flat dish and decorate with garnish while it is still warm.
- Store it in the fridge. Halva can be served cold or at room temperature.
- Enjoy this dessert with a cup of Persian tea.
Watch & Cook Along With Gila:
I hope you enjoy your homemade 'Exotic' creation & Happy Feasting :)